myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [TRINIDAD] Portlet API and Portlet Bridge API Dependencies
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:58:43 GMT
The most recent discussion about this was on TRINIDAD-1377 and some of
the connected bugs.  Felix has been very instrumental in helping to
diagnose and fix some of the portal bugs for Trinidad.  Unfortunately I
had to reject or rewrite the majority of the submitted packages because
they added runtime dependencies on the Portlet API and Portlet Bridge API's.

To his credit, I don't think it's obvious that the Trinidad dependencies
on these jars were compile-time dependencies only which, essentially, is
what sparked this email.  That said, if the community thinks that this
is no longer an important feature, I do agree with Felix that the code
within Trinidad would become a LOT cleaner.  I for one think allowing
these api's to be optional during runtime is important.  But I only get
one vote.  :)

Scott