myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From jankeesvanan...@gmail.com
Subject Re: Re: MyFaces 2.0 development going forward
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:48:25 GMT
I'm currently working on the annotation processing stuff (@ManagedBean,
@ManagedProperty...). Already made a first attempt for the managed beans,
but there is still some work to do (converters, components, event
listeners, etc). I hope I can apply the same logic for those other
components as well.

With Werner working on Ajax and Simon on Facelets, we already cover a large
portion of JSF2. Facelets is big, though, since it also contains tags for
all components, EZComp, JSF2-Facelets/Original-Facelets switching, etc...
Resource handling/relocation is also a mandatory requirement for Ajax to
work.

But I think an alpha release should at least contain these essential JSF2
components: AJAX, Facelets, annotation based configuration. I think those
components are the base of the JSF2 work. Adding in other features should
not be too hard when those three are in place properly.

About Shale-test, is it right to use Shale classes in MyFaces Core? Of
course it's just the unit tests, but in some way it's still a cyclic
dependency which is usually a bad thing...

/Jan-Kees