myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Jan-Kees van Andel <jankeesvanan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scanning for annotated classes in MyFaces 2
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:44:32 GMT
2009/1/18 Cagatay Civici <cagatay.civici@gmail.com>:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for your contribution, yes this could be done without adding a
> dependency.
>
> We could avoid reflection stuff and use byte code exploring. Mojarra 2.0
> uses code from Glassfish codebase for this byte code stuff btw. You may take
> a look at their implementation to give an idea.

I'm gonna take a look at it. I was also planning to take a look at
Javassist, but I think everyone probably does something similar using
the DataInputStream class. That one is really useful, since it matches
the terms used in the specification.

> I agree that a custom scan path should fasten the app startup time a lot,
> usually the annotated classes belong to a certain package in our apps like
>
> com.mycompany.myproject.*

Yup, that definitely saves some time, since most packages aren't
interesting, like application server internal classes or classes from
Hibernate. There's no need to scan those.