myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JSF 2.0] Package structure for Facelets integration
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:26:55 GMT
Kito Mann schrieb:
> Hey Simon,
>
> Just curious: are you guys implementing Facelets from scratch?

I have not had a look yet at the current codebase, but to my knowledge
facelets itself has been relizenced under ASF2
I would suggest just for the sake of keeping the compatibility close
no reimplementation just drag the code over, dont change the packages
if possible so that we at least there have a shared codebase.
It just does not make sense to do a full reimplementation or
to fork the code, since there are no political issues between the RI and
MyFaces, on the contrary we have an excellent relationship!

Werner