myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cleanup of branches ?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:13:46 GMT
Some release managers have the habit of copying trunk to a branch, then
copying the branch to the tags dir (rather than moving it). In this
case, deleting the branch makes sense; nothing of value is lost.

But for other branches, I would prefer to see them left there. As
Matthias points out, anyone checking out the root is screwed anyway as
they get all the tag dirs. Removing tags for old releases would be a
very bad idea; it's important to have easy traceability of tagged releases.

Regards, Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)