myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Orchestra]
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 07:54:32 GMT
Grant Smith schrieb:
> I noticed there are Orchestra artifacts on the myfaces website, but no
> links to them from the download page. Is this by design, or can I fix it ?
Yes it is deliberate. Orchestra has its own download page here:
     http://myfaces.apache.org/orchestra/download.html

You could possibly put a link from the myfaces generic download page to
that page if you want. But please don't add links to the released
binaries, as I don't want to have to update that page when I make an
Orchestra release.

Having a single download page for all myfaces projects is dumb:
(a) it doesn't scale; as myfaces gains more projects the page gets hard
to use
(b) it means that when a project makes a release, the main download page
needs to be edited and the main site redeployed. This seems wrong.

I think the single download page is really a leftover from the old days
where myfaces had just one lib to download: a JSF1.1 implementation. IMO
the website should be restructured so that all projects provide their
own download page, but I don't have the enthusiasm to actually do
anything about it :-)

Regards,
Simon

--
-- Emails in "mixed" posting style will be ignored
-- (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style)