myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Kaltepoth <kaltep...@klute-thiemann.de>
Subject Re: XML-less NavigationHandler
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:59:58 GMT
On Friday 14 November 2008 00:31:28 Cagatay Civici wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For proof of concept, I have implemented a custom navigation handler that
> helps doing jsf navigations without navigation rules in xml.
>
> http://cagataycivici.wordpress.com/2008/11/13/xml-less-jsf-navigations/
>
> Matthias told me there may already be something similar to this in one of
> the myfaces modules but I'm not aware about that.
>
> Does anyone know about this?
>
> Also I think this feature will look good in myfaces-commons.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cagatay

There is a NavigationHandler implementation in tomahawk:

http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk-project/tomahawk/xref/org/apache/myfaces/tomahawk/util/DirectNavigationHandler.html

Although I like the implementation suggested in your blog post because of the
redirect support. We already use a similar homemade NavigationHandler in many
of our projects.

I support the idea of such an implementation in myfaces-commons.

Kind regards

Christian