myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From michael freedman <michael.freed...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Portlet Bridge 1.0.0-alpha-3
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:47:02 GMT
Try this.  Edit the faces-config.xml file in the
impl\src\main\resources\META-INF directly and add the following lines
after the :
<bridge:excluded-attribute>com.sun.faces.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>

<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>
<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.el.unified.resolver.managedbean.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>
<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>
<bridge:excluded-attribute>org.apache.myfaces.application.DefaultViewHandlerSupport.*</bridge:excluded-attribute>
<bridge:excluded-attribute>jsf_sequence</bridge:excluded-attribute>

Its really only the last one that impacts view restoration but its good
to exlcude the others as well as they don't need to be managed.

Rebuild the bridge/rebuild/rerun the demo. Let me know if this fixes
your problem.  If it does I will actually commit this change (I have had
it sitting around for sometime now but didn't want to commit it as part
of the alpha3 work which was already done).  I knew that it impacted
refresh in MyFaces but if it fixes you there are other refresh cases
that are easy to hit.  Technically its not a bug/something that the
Bridge should worry about -- excluding attributes is something that the
offending system should do (i.e. Myfaces) and or the application -- but
the bridge does have a spirit of excluding for common uses.
     -Mike-