myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Async Lifecycle for JSF without patching JSF
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2008 01:06:09 GMT

Bernd,

excellent work!

this is valuable feedback as there is a push by some to throw out
the asynchronous proposal on the basis that it is too complex and
will break frameworks.

this is valuable evidence that framework developers are able to
deal with the complexities of suspend and resume.

I'll keep you informed as to how the servlet async-API
develops.

If anybody on this list is on the JSF EG or Portlet EG, then
I'd be happy to liase with them about the progress of the
servlet proposals.

thanks