myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Roethenbacher <felix.roethenbac...@solnetsolutions.co.nz>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Portlet Bridge 1.0.0-alpha-3
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2008 01:52:29 GMT
Hi Scott, Mike

I updated PORTLETBRIDGE-48

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PORTLETBRIDGE-48

with information about the origin of the call to
setRequestCharacterEncoding().

Hth, Felix

Scott O'Bryan wrote:
> Wow.  for some reason it truncated by response.  Here it is again..
>
> Good catch Felix, I think this is going to have to wait till the next
> release (and I'm hoping we'll have it in main soon - Mike can speak more
> to this).
>
> Here is the issue.  The intention of Alpha-3 is to conform to the public
> review of the JSR-301 spec.  The next release will incorporate changes
> regarding the feedback we've had from the review period - including this
> issue.  Reading the bug, Mike indicated that this change needed to be
> added to the spec and is not a simple implementation detail.
>
> Mike, I don't recall what the resolution was from the EG on this issue.
> Do we have it resolved?  If so, do we have an ETA on when this can be
> moved into main?
>
> Scott
>
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com
> <mailto:darkarena@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Good catch Felix, I think this is going to have to wait till the
>     next release (and I'm hoping we'll have it in main soon - Mike can
>     speak more to this).
>
>     Here is the issue.  The intention of Alpha-3 is to conform to the
>     public review of the JSR-301 spec.  The next release will
>     incorporate changes regarding the feedback we've had from the review
>     period - including this issue.
>
>     Reading the bug, Mike indicated that this change needed to be added
>     to the spec and is not a simple implementation detail.
>
>     I think that Mike raised the issue that this needs to be addressed
>     in the spec so
>
>     Felix Roethenbacher wrote:
>>     What is the status of PORTLETBRIDGE-48? There is a patch available to
>>     fix an issue with setting the character encoding.
>>
>>     Thanks, Felix
>>

>>     Scott O'Bryan wrote:
>>>     Hi,
>>>
>>>     I'm trying to release the MyFaces Portlet Bridge Master
>>>     1.0.0-alpha-3.  This release was created in order to support the
>>>     latest JSR-301 Public Review so that it may be tested by
>>>     developers during the review process.  This is still an alpha
>>>     release because there is currently no testing of the R.I.
>>>
>>>     I have applied the changes needed by PORTLETBRIDGE-51,
>>>     regenerated all of the artifacts, and deployed them to my private
>>>     Apache account ([1]).  I'm am now restarting the vote for the
>>>     latest R.I.
>>>
>>>     ------------------------------------------------
>>>     [ ] +1 for community members who have reviewed the bits
>>>     [ ] +0
>>>     [ ] -1 for fatal flaws that should cause these bits not to be
>>>     released,
>>>            and why..............
>>>     ------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>     Thanks,
>>>       Scott
>>>
>>>     [1]
>>>     http://people.apache.org/~sobryan/portlet-bridge/1.0.0-alpha-3
>>>     <http://people.apache.org/%7Esobryan/portlet-bridge/1.0.0-alpha-3>

Attention:
This email may contain information intended for the sole use of
the original recipient. Please respect this when sharing or
disclosing this email's contents with any third party. If you
believe you have received this email in error, please delete it
and notify the sender or postmaster@solnetsolutions.co.nz as
soon as possible. The content of this email does not necessarily
reflect the views of Solnet Solutions Ltd.