myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] release for tomahawk 1.1.7
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2008 07:38:59 GMT
Sorry, but I must vote -1 on this.

Most of the issues I raised earlier about the ExtensionsFilter
refactoring have still not been addressed.

One change has been made: the ExtensionsFilter now does actually do the
work, and the FacesContextFactory does not wrap the object in that case.

But the rest of the concerns I had still exist. In particular, there is
a large amount of new code that exists to parse the web.xml file looking
for config properties - and I don't see why any of this code should
exist. I had thought that an earlier email by you (Leonardo)  meant that
you agreed and would change this to just looking for servlet init
parameters via the normal APIs.

In particular, I think we should delete the ExtensionsFilterConfig class
completely.

Minor points:
 * Why is new class AbstractAttributeMap in the "servlet" package?
 * Should AbstractAttributeMap be named "_AbstractAttributeMap" instead,
ie is it part of tomahawk's "stable public api" or just an internal
implementation detail?
 * New classes should have @since annotations
 * etc

Regards,