myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MyFaces shared question
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:43:53 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link, it makes the whole thing clearer. However, is that
point still debatable? I quite disagree about the conclusion about forcing
the upgrade of the core if you upgrade Tomahawk. Upgrading Tomahawk might
force the upgrade of shared, but not necessarily if the former doesn't
depend on a latest change to shared. Furthermore you don't need to upgrade
core if you upgrade shared if the latter enforce backward compatibility.

Personally I must admit that I don't really like the preprocessing since it
means having two of the same class on the classpath but in different
packages if you use both core and Tomahawk.

Regards,

~ Simon