myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From swk <sk...@anatas.com>
Subject inputText and readonly
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2008 04:47:05 GMT

hi all,

Hoping that someone can help me with the following problem that i have:
I'm using the latest myfaces 1.1.6, tomahawk 1.1.6, tomahawk sandbox 1.1.7

Basically i have...

<s:form>
  <t:panelTabbedPane ...>
    <t:panelTab>
       <h:panelGrid ...>
           multiple <h:inputText> to display data from backing beans.
           some with attribute readonly="true" and others without
           and a <h:commandButton> to update data
       <h:panelGrid>
    </t:panelTab>

    multiple <t:panelTabs> like the one above

  </t:panelTabbedPane>
</s:form>

My problem is that the <h:inputText> that have the attribute readonly="true"
specified shows the data. It's rendered fine with data from the beans. The
<h:inputText> that don't have readonly defined show's nothing.
But if i put readonly="true" on these, then it works fine.

Can anyone advise what i am doing wrong?

Another point is that if i change this to have a form in each panelTab (as
opposed to 1 form for all tabs) it also displays all the data, readonly and
non readonly.

thanks
stan