myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan Nielsen" <jan.sture.niel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recreating Tomahawk 1.1.6
Date Sun, 24 Aug 2008 00:04:59 GMT
Unfortunately, on closer inspection, my attempted rebuild of tomahawk
1.1.6, while successful and runnable, does not re-create the 1.1.6
release; it introduces some transitive dependencies which make it
unusable in my environment. At this point, I am left with
de-compilation and patching the Tomahawk JAR - very ugly.

It's worrisome to me that a released MyFaces artifact cannot be easily
reproduce. Perhaps, there is a way, but I can't seem to find it, and
it sounds like the dev list can, either. In my experience, a simple,
reproducible build system pays-back many fold to a project (and part
of that includes a simple and well thought-out source-repository
structure. I'd be happy to open bugs on these issues if you like, but
it's unlikely I'll be able to implement these changes, even if the
developers approves them. Let me know.

Best Wishes,

-Jan