myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Uribe" <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move SecurityContext to ?
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:15:49 GMT
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Cagatay Civici <cagatay.civici@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to move SecurityContext EL feature out of the sandbox. It's EL
> extensions for security.
>
> What should it's new location be? myfaces-commons(what's the situtation of
> commons btw) or tomahawk?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/SecurityContext
>
> Cagatay

I think (it is my personal opinion) the location for this stuff should be
myfaces-commons, since it is non renderkit specific and could be used with
any jsf framework (and based on previous discussions this should be there).

But myfaces-commons has the following structure:

myfaces-commons-utils
myfaces-commons-converters
myfaces-commons-validators

I have updated the site for commons here

http://myfaces.apache.org/commons/

The pending task to do for this project is create a stable api for it.
Theorically long time ago it was discussed to create myfaces-commons-api and
myfaces-commons-impl modules (but I don't know what happens with this
proposal). One option is create an api and the implementation uses some
shared project code.

The plan is release it after myfaces core 1.2.4 (I have done some test and
it is ok),

Suggestions are welcome

regards

Leonardo Uribe