myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [myfaces core] Is there any task left for release myfaces core 1.1.6?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2008 12:33:00 GMT
Matthias Wessendorf schrieb:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> As planned to release tomahawk, It could be good (optional) to release
>> myfaces core 1.1.6.
>>
>> Is there any task left to do this? If no I'll start the release procedure.
>>

> sounds good to me

Sounds good to me too.

One thing I have meant to do is to check that all the info from the
(long obsolete) .xml files that sit next to the component .java files
has been migrated to an appropriate place, then remove them. But that's
not critical for a release.

I would suggest giving the release candidate for this a reasonable time
(>1 week) for the user community to test. There have been some radical
changes since the last release, and our unit tests are not great so
getting real-world testing for this would be very useful.

But I would also suggest stating in the RC announcement that only
*regressions* from the 1.1.5 release will be looked at during the rc
cycle. We need to get the release cycles going again, even with known
issues - as long as they are not regressions.

Cheers,
Simon