myfaces-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mathias Walter (JIRA)" <...@myfaces.apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (TRINIDAD-1173) Character encoding problem when submitting with PPR and a filter getting parameters out the request
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:43:45 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1173?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12620914#action_12620914
] 

Mathias Walter commented on TRINIDAD-1173:
------------------------------------------

Wich version of FireFox do you use?

I had the same problem with FF2 and IE*, but not with FF3. I tried different filters without
luck.

Then I double checked all my xhtml files (templates as well). In a few of them I used a different
encoding in the <?xml> tag.

I changed all to utf-8. Now the problem is gone.

Please check all your files (jsp, [x]html, etc.) and use the same encoding at all places.

> Character encoding problem when submitting with PPR and a filter getting parameters out
the request
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TRINIDAD-1173
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-1173
>             Project: MyFaces Trinidad
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Components
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.2-core, 1.0.3-core, 1.0.4-core, 1.0.5-core, 1.0.6-core, 1.0.7-core,
 1.0.8-core, 1.0.9-core
>         Environment: JSF RI / Myfaces 1.1.4
> Embedded OC4J of jDeveloper 10.1.3.1 / Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.1.0 / Apache
Tomcat 6.0.18
> Firefox and Internet Explorer 7
>            Reporter: Mark van den Boomen
>         Attachments: AdfTrinidadTest.war, AdfTrinidadTest.zip
>
>
> If a form is submitted with PPR and the application uses a filter which reads a parameter
out of the request scope then somehow the character encoding screws up on other parameters.
When the submitted value of a inputfield reaches the bean it's mallformed. This happends when
the submitted value contains characters like 'ëìïòä'. With a normal submit this doesn't
happen.
> Example:
> When 'België' is submitted, the bean receives 'België'.
> The problem doesn't occur with Trinidad 1.0.1, so after spitting through the Subversion
logs I noticed TRINIDAD-46 which was released with release 1.0.2 and replaces lots of the
PPR. Maybe somewhere in the new implementation of PPR is the cause of the problem.
> As said the problem happens when a filter is getting a parameter from the request (for
example) like this:
>   String parameter = servletRequest.getParameter("test");
> If that line is removed from the filter Trinidad works normally.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message