myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Uribe" <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [myfaces-builder-plugin] generate site files describing component, like maven-tagdoc-plugin
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 05:08:06 GMT
On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:59 AM, simon.kitching@chello.at <
> simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:
>
>> Man, I really hate top-posting. My first reply was in top-posting style
>> because the first reply to this thread was top-posted. But now the styles
>> are mixed, and this thread is rather painful to follow. My reply is
>> somewhere in the middle here....
>>
>> I really do think that consistently posting *under* the text that is being
>> replied to leads to threads that are *much* easier to read.
>>

> Ok, I understand the error. I'll try to do not do if anymore.
>

>> Leonardo Uribe schrieb:
>>

>>> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 1:53 AM, simon.kitching@chello.at <mailto:
>>> simon.kitching@chello.at> <simon.kitching@chello.at <mailto:
>>> simon.kitching@chello.at>> wrote:
>>>
>>>    Do you mean pages like this?
>>>     http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/popup.html
>>>

>>> Yes. Each time we want to upgrade some component, we have to write this
>>> part manually.
>>>

>>>    I'm not sure that the "syntax" section here is particularly
>>>    useful. That information is available in the taglib docs; no point
>>>    in repeating it. And the API section isn't terribly useful; maybe
>>>    for people who want to customise a component it makes it easier to
>>>    find the real component class, but that isn't often.
>>>
>>>    The "description" field could be copied I suppose; that would be
>>>    mildly useful.
>>>
>>>    But the rest is all hand-written.
>>>
>>>    Or did you mean something else?
>>>

>>> Trinidad has an generated Tag library information (using
>>> maven-tagdoc-plugin) here:
>>>
>>> http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-api/tagdoc.html
>>>
>>> When you navigate through this, you can find a lot more info than on its
>>> java taglibdoc.
>>>
>>> One question is why have a extended doc on tomahawk (see
>>> http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/extendedDocs.html) link, if all
>>> necessary info is on its tld (or could be added here).
>>>
>>> We have 3 alternatives:
>>>
>>> 1. Remove extended doc pages and do and merge the info on the description
>>> field of each component (so this is available on its taglibdoc).
>>> 2. Remove extended doc pages and apply Trinidad solution: a custom report
>>> goal that generate all the info.
>>> 3. Do nothing and live with the fact of maintain 70 or more pages that
>>> say a little bit more than on the taglibdoc.
>>>
>>> Suggestions?
>>>

>> It looks to me like the trinidad report is a complete replacement for the
>> standard taglib report, containing all the info of the existing taglib
>> reports plus more. And they look nicer too. So I'd be happy to see us use
>> the same maven report plugin that trinidad does, instead of the current
>> taglib plugin. And ditch the "extended doc" pages.
>>

> That's the point. The idea is follow a pattern like when generating a
> config file. There exists a xml base file, a template and the result is the
> merge the two of them plus the info on the metadata.
>
>  We can add additional info as params (to save the xml base file if is
> [...]
Hi

I have committed myfaces-builder-plugin:tagdoc-index and tagdoc-content
goals and apply it to tomahawk core. Now the objective is  apply it to
sandbox. By that reason, the files related to extended docs about components
will be deleted, because this plugin generate a more complete info.

regards

Leonardo Uribe