myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MYFACES-1900: any news?
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:51:45 GMT
Leonardo Uribe schrieb:

>  The change done before was instead create input hidden fields
> rendering using html for each param on h:commandLink, use javascript
> for create and remove this fields (see the arguments on MYFACES-1855).
>
>  I can see the problem when id is used as param name on IE (on firefox
> works well). But I think that a better solution is do some javascript
> modification instead go back to old and "source of incompatibilities"
> code.
Hmm..is using javascript here really the right thing to do?

I know that someone at Irian was putting work into rendering an
h:outputLink as a submit-button with CSS to make it look like a link, so
that h:commandLink could be used without javascript. And that seems like
a nice feature to have.

But if we now start using javascript to pass the link params back to the
server, then a commandLink without javascript becomes impossible.

Which way should we be heading with this?

Regards, Simon