myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [myfaces core] Redirect to a JSF page when Throwable exception or error occur
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2008 19:24:08 GMT
Hi!
> the use-case is that people want the same type of functionality they
> have in their web.xml (specifying an error-page per exception) in the
> JSF-world as well. Just doing it in the web.xml is not sufficient, as
> then the faces-context is already closed and not available anymore, so
> important context-information for the error would be missing.

I wonder why people always want a full running JSF environment for each
and every page.
If there is an exception it might be due to a problem in JSF itself
which might make it impossible to show any error page at all.
Not that you can not handle such situations (revert to default error
handling), but it makes things complicated.

As long as it does not break other things and is fully optional with
non-intrusive by default I am -0 adding such a feature.

Ciao,
Mario