myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: svn commit: r681431 [1/3] - in /myfaces/extensions/validator/branches/trunk_layout_myfaces/validation-modules: ./ property-validation/ property-validation/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/extensions/validator/ property-validation/src/main/java/org/apac...
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 18:38:31 GMT
Hi Leonardo,

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 18:27 +0000, lu4242@apache.org wrote:
> Author: lu4242
> Date: Thu Jul 31 11:27:50 2008
> New Revision: 681431

> Log:
> apply checkstyle rules

Just about these license changes:

As I noted in an earlier email (you might have been on holiday), there
are for historical reasons two different copyright header layouts
currently in use in myfaces code.

One has " * some text" and the other has " *  some text" (one more
space).

The approach I have taken is to publish two possible templates to check
against in the checkstyle-rules module, so that each project can use the
template that matches the majority of the existing code. That minimises
the number of files that need to be changed; a project has to be
internally consistent but can choose either layout.

The two templates are named "myfaces-header.txt" and
"myfaces-header-spaces.txt". Personally, I prefer the one-space version
(myfaces-header.txt) as that matches what all the commons.apache.org
projects use. But I can't see any official version anywhere, so I guess
both are valid.

Just thought I would point that out in case you weren't aware of it...

Regards,
Simon