myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Uribe" <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [myfaces commons] discussion about reorganization of this project is required!
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:57:06 GMT
Hi

I have committed on trunk the changes wanted on myfaces-commons. The layout
is this:

myfaces-commons-utils
myfaces-commons-converters
myfaces-commons-validators
myfaces-commons-example

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 2:21 AM, simon.kitching@chello.at <
simon.kitching@chello.at> wrote:

> Volker Weber schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i think we should not use the version to distinguish between the 1.2
> > and 1.1 branch of commons (in the release artifacts name),
> > because the 1.2 (trunk) is not a improved 1.1 version.
> >

> > afaik there could be circumstances  where maven prefers the higher
> > version even in a jsf 1.1 application.
> >
> True. That's always bothered me about the current core/shared/tomahawk
> versioning system.
>
> Shared 1.1.x is not just a different version from Shared 1.2.x. It's
> really a different artifact. This could be argued for core and tomahawk
> too.

One reason to have this layout

myfaces-commons-utils
myfaces-commons-converters
myfaces-commons-converters12
myfaces-commons-validators
myfaces-commons-validators12
myfaces-commons-example

Like in tomahawk. The effect of use this layout is that all artifacts has
the same version, but the name suggest if is for 1.2 or not (you can use
both on 1.2 without problem like tomahawk core and core12, but xxx12 are
compiled against 1.2 api, so the tag classes looks different).

Maybe we should vote this fact again.

regards

Leonardo Uribe