myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Scott O'Bryan <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [trinidad] Why <input type="hidden" name="javax.faces.ViewState" ... does not render its id?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 18:16:26 GMT
Yeah, this is a complex issue.  And trinidad doesn't do it right
either.  Here is what I was going to do for Trinidad (in my copious
amounts of spare time).  :)

Each Portlet would have a root element.  When a form is submitted via
ppr, the view state for each "javax.faces.ViewState" under that root
element would be changed.  As for servlet environments, if no root dom
element is set up (ie. when used in a non-portlet environment), then it
would just replace all the ViewStates under the document element.

Scott