myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [trinidad] Why <input type="hidden" name="javax.faces.ViewState" ... does not render its id?
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:51:23 GMT
Leonardo Uribe schrieb:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Matthias Wessendorf
> <matzew@apache.org <mailto:matzew@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     > I want to know if any developer has a reason to avoid render
>     this id, and if
>     > no objections I'll commit this change in 72 hours (doing this
>     > s:inputSuggestAjax and s:tableSuggestAjax could work with
>     trinidad and/or
>     > facelets and solve TOMAHAWK-1157).
>
>     so, I guess I am not 100% getting your mail.
>     why is the id needed ?
>

> For detect when a request is a postback using the procedure on the
> documentation. If is a postback the state is restored an the full
> lifecycle occur. If not a new view is created.
>
> Who detects postback in this way? the jsf implementation used!

I think Matthias meant that the html "name" attribute is all that is
significant for html. That is what gets used in creating the http post
data. The "id" attribute is only relevant for javascript and css. And
css certainly shouldn't be accessing this field.

Do you want the id attribute set so that javascript associated with
AJAX-type controls can find this viewstate field?

Regards, Simon