myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From simon <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: myfaces-builder-plugin
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:47:12 GMT

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 15:51 -0500, Leonardo Uribe wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 3:36 PM, simon <simon.kitching@chello.at>
> wrote:

>         This templating stuff is unfortunately necessary, due to the
>         TCK rules.
>         But I think it would be best to still emphasise the other ways
>         of using
>         the builder *first*, then make this templating stuff an
>         "extra". Unlike
>         the way it currently is, where templating is effectively the
>         default and
>         you have to explicitly set superClass in order to use the more
>         easily
>         understandable subclass-generation approach.
>
> Aaahhhh, in that case use template=true have more sense.
> This implies some changes about what we are doing right now, but now
> this is
> fully defined, so I'm not have problem implementing this.
>

>         And setting up a completely separate concept of inheritance in
>         order to
>         group JSFProperty definitions seems a really bad idea. It
>         seems that
>         this was introduced only to solve problems in Tomahawk. So
>         maybe that
>         means that some Tomahawk class hierarchies are actually wrong.
>         If we
>         need to introduce a couple of new interfaces that existing
>         classes
>         implement, or insert some new abstract base classes into
>         existing
>         components to fix what are currently broken hierarchies, then
>         let's do
>         that rather than hacking up the builder plugin to use some
>         concept of
>         inheritance that is NOT normal java inheritance.
>
> Ok, no prob. I'll detect the problems on the hierarchy and solve it.

Thank you very much Leonardo. I saw your commits go past already. You
are really fast!

I've got some documentation almost ready to commit (for the site, and
for JSFComponent/JSFProperty/JSFJspProperty annotation classes). But
I'll be away for the weekend so won't be able to get it in before mid
next week. Thanks for your explanations which helped a lot to get this
written..

Regards,
Simon