myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Werner Punz <werner.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces groovy support
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 15:53:14 GMT
Andrew Robinson schrieb:
> Out of curiosity, will this be able to be extensible to support Jython
> as well? (some ppl like me prefer the jython syntax over groovy's)

Well it depends, if jython can generate java Classes through its Eval
functionality in the scripting adapter, then in the long run if someone
does it, yes.

Otherwise it might be hard.

The thing is I intercept a classloader which has to return a class
implementing the bean or jsf artefact the rest is infrastructure which
can be adapted easily to other scripting languages.
The classloader is necessary due to the fact that the scripts themselves
have to be loaded from somewhere, I am not sure if I can remove the
classloader at all, I donĀ“t think so without any significant changes to
the core codebase.

Werner

Btw. Status: following artefacts are already kickstarting:
Beans,
PhaseListener,
ViewHandler