myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] missing sources from 1.08 distrib ?
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 13:57:19 GMT
Hi Scott,

[redirecting from users to dev list]

Sorry but I don't understand why regeneration of these files is needed,
or how a corrupt file occurred at all.

The release candidate ".tar.gz" and ".zip" files were placed under
someone's home directory on people.apache.org for review right? And if
the release vote passed, then presumably people *had* tested that they
were ok. If a release vote had passed without anyone detecting that a
.zip file was truncated then there is something seriously wrong with the
release checking process....

And after the release vote passed, the release candidate jars were
copied from someone's home directory to the distribution directory, from
where they get replicated to the mirrors, yes?

So firstly, I don't understand how they could get corrupted with just a
local copy from one dir of people.apache.org to another.

And secondly, why can't that approved (and uncorrupt) release candidate
zip file just be used rather than regenerating from the tag? Have the
release candidate files already been deleted from their review place on
people.apache.org?

Regards,
Simon