myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Petracek" <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new name for sev-en
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 23:55:29 GMT
@andrew:
it depends on the mother tongue. ;)
for some of you 'seven' sounds boring - especially if english is your mother
tongue.
words of foreign languages sound much more interesting.
if i translate 'seven' into my mother tongue, it also sounds a bit boring
(just because it isn't exotic for me).
in my country it's a kind of "trend" to use english words.

so maybe we should just use an "invented" name or an acronym.
e.g.:
jac (*j*ava *a*nnotation *c*hecker)
jack (*j*ava *a*nnotation *c*hec*k*er)

if you translate e.g. 'jack' into my mother tongue, there are a lot of
different meanings.
so there is no real meaning - it just sounds interesting (it's a matter of
taste).

regards,
gerhard

2008/5/10 Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com>:

> Some spanish words:
>
> myfaces-commons-validacion
> myfaces-commons-validar
> myfaces-commons-validador
> myfaces-commons-valide
> myfaces-commons-evaluador
>

> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 3:12 PM, Hazem Saleh <hazem.saleh@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> +1 for myfaces-commons-checker.
>>

>> On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Gerhard Petracek <
>> gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> do you have a further suggestion?
>>> maybe a bit more fancy?
>>>
>>> e.g. one of the suggestions i heard is:
>>> myfaces-commons-checker
>>>
>>> maybe it's a new starting point for further suggestions.
>>>
>>> regards,
>>> gerhard
>>>

>>> 2008/4/29 Scott O'Bryan <darkarena@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> How about "convalidi".  It's validate in Italian (I think).

the