myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin de la Rosa" <mdelar...@southward-solutions.com.ar>
Subject RE: [Orchestra] Disabling Persistence Conversation Feature
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 17:57:30 GMT
Thanks! This solved my problem. It's working great now.

Sorry for writing on this list, I will post my future comments on users
list.

Regards,
Martin de la Rosa-.

-----Original Message-----
From: simon.kitching@chello.at [mailto:simon.kitching@chello.at]
Sent: Martes, 06 de Mayo de 2008 04:42 a.m.
To: MyFaces Development
Subject: Re: [Orchestra] Disabling Persistence Conversation Feature

Mario Ivankovits schrieb:
> Hi!
>>
>> I tried deleting the part regardless to persistence from spring
>> configuration (application-context.xml) but no success. I encountered
>> exceptions thrown by the Orchestra Conversation Interceptor.
>>
> Not configuring the persistence related advice (e.g the
> persistentContextConversationInterceptor) with the scope should be
> sufficient.
> section.
> What exceptions do you encounter?

For conversations *with* persistence support, you'll have something like
this in the spring config file:

  <entry key="conversation.manual">
    <bean
class="org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.spring.SpringConversationSc
ope">
      <property name="timeout" value="30" />
      <property name="advices">
        <list>
          <ref bean="persistentContextConversationInterceptor"/>
        </list>
      </property>
    </bean>
  </entry>

If you don't need persistence, just leave out the "advices" property. It
is the persistenceContextConversationInterceptor that does all the work
of binding a PersistenceContext to a conversation instance.

And in future, please ask questions on the user list. It's better for
*you* because there are lots of very competent people who subscribe to
the users list but not the dev list. And all developers subscribe to both.

Regards,
Simon