myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Adonis Raduca" <adonis.rad...@codebeat.ro>
Subject Re: tobago island logo :)
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 07:32:50 GMT
Hi Udo,

In my opinion I think that is not important to be exactly like the island
shape, after all is a stylized logo :)
And I think that is important for a logo to communicate a simple an a clear
idea, in this case an exotic island, actually a common subject in the Java
world.
I taken in consideration the exact shape of the Tobago island when I
redesigned the logo, but in my opinion is not a good candidate for a logo
because is to direct (just a simple 3D island). In my opinion people likes
interesting logos that make them thinking ... they said, what is the meaning
of this logo ... it is this ... or can be this ... gotcha! , this kind of
logos make them to feel smart if they discover the idea, in my opinion that
kind of logos remains deep printed in the people minds ... and we want this
:)

This is only my opinion, after all you are the client, so you will decide
about logo ;)

With respect
Adonis

I think that many Java developers didn't know what is actually the Tobago
shape.