myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exporter comes finally to the scene :)
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 17:41:05 GMT
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Hazem Saleh <hazem.saleh@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matzew,
> What is the problem with the previous syntax :-
>
> <s:exporter for="<your dataTable id>" fileType="<EXCEL or PDF>">
>     <h:commandButton action="" value="Export"/>
>  </s:exporter>

I thought that the exporter would be an ActionListener.
Therefore embedding it inside an ActionSource(2) component
would make sense.

I think it is odd, the nest the button inside a comp, to do the export.
Nesting the exporter inside the button makes more sense, since
the button performs the action. So IMO it should be ActionListener.

-M