myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The pdfExport component released ;)
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 09:55:25 GMT
Hi

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Cagatay Civici
<cagatay.civici@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great!
>
> Does it work with client side state saving?
>
> Also since this is similar to excelexport which uses a phaselistener, we
> should combine these into a ExporterPhaseListener to remove duplication.

true. I thought the same. Internally we have a
"exportCollectionActionListener" that has a type
attribute to specify the desired *output*. We currently only support
"excelHTML", but in order to
support PDF, I would expect we also allow the type="pdf" case.

So, a combination is desired.

I have a question for you, is the excel independent from Tomahawk,
like the PDF is ?

But... anyway, this is sandbox and it is a great component. I am happy about it.

Sandbox means not final / stable, so there might be room for
improvements / changes.

Thanks Hazem!

-Matthias

--