myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shared discuss again [was Re: JspStateManagerImpl into shared?]
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 12:54:07 GMT
>  > Problem here again is the name of such a lib:
>  > "myfaces-commons-base"?
>  > "myfaces-commons-core"?
>  > "myfaces-commons-super"?
>  > "myfaces-commons-commons"?   ;-)
>  >
>  I'd opt for myfaces-base, but to say the truth, I do not care about the
>  name, whatever name it has will be good for me as long as the goal is
>  the same.

I'd vote for -base as well.

>  > It is no place where we swiftly drop some
>  > nice and convenient utils stuff and the API is nothing to play around
>  > with.
>  >
>  +1

we already have a very raw starting point in the current commons,
not yet finished, but it's there ;-)

>  > I think that if we find a good name and define some strict rules we
>  > could move most (or all?) stuff from myfaces-shared to this lib. And
>  > perhaps even get rid of shard in the long run!
>  >
>  One rule can be to allow only stuff which itself directly implements a
>  JSF API but do not provide any functionality on its own, you see, no
>  enum converter or soo. Probably only abstract classes?
>
>  > Of course, some well-known issues pop up immediately: which JSF-Spec -
>  > 1.1 and 1.2 or only 1.2? What about JSF 2.0?
>  >
>  I'd like to see one project per version, e.g. myfaces-base11,
>  myfaces-base12, myfaces-base20 (with namespaced package names:
>  org.apache.myfaces.base11, etc)

yeah, base11, base12, base20
what about a base, for those things that are independent from
the spec diffs ?

>  FacesContextWrapper. But there is no need for that, we can't forsee any
>  future change e.g. in JSF 2.0

:-) True, all this is discussed behind closed doors

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff: