myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Cristi Toth" <cristi.t...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] private / protected final methods in renderers
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 00:23:02 GMT
Hi guys,

A lot of Trinidad renderers have some "override useful" methods as private
or protected final.
This makes customizing renderers a nasty job.

- first these methods obviously can't be overriden
- then when trying to override some public/protected methods,
  it's hard because they use other private methods that you can't use in
your overriden method

I assume this come from the fact that Trinidad wasn't open-source in its
origins... or?
Do we still have reasons to keep it this way?

IMO we could make those protected final "override useful" methods to
protected
and the private methods used in those methods, make them protected final.

What's you opinion on this?

Regards,
--
Cristi Toth