myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new name for sev-en
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 23:47:40 GMT
Couple of things.

Can any of this be consolidated into fewer jars?  I'm worried that the
jars in the commons project are starting to look TOO segmented and
functionality that is similar is not being put into a common jar.  I
haven't had time to take a look at Sev-en, but provided the framework
does not "automatically" add significant overhead to the processing of
the lifecycle, there should be no issues if it exists, unused, in the
classpath..  We have several options here, the code could live in the
validators or, if people feel it will add significant overhead or
dependencies, maybe one other project.

As for the JSR-303, I strongly suggest AGAINST using the JSR number in
your project name..  Why?  When this spec gets updated, a new JSR will
be created and then your jar has no reflection on reality because my
guess it you wouldn't necessarily want to change it.  Instead you might
just want to call it "bean-validation".

Lastly, the commons project trunk is JSF 1.2, I think Matthias has a 1.1
branch and things are backported as needed.  I would essentially put
your 1.1 work into that branch so it can be versioned with the rest of
the 1.1 commons projects.

Other then that, like Andrew, I've got enough on my plate ATM...

Scott