myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From rash...@packtpub.com
Subject A book on Apache MyFaces?
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:07:10 GMT
Hi,

I am an acquisition editor for Packt Publishing working on Apache. We are currently planning
to develop a book on Apache MyFaces.

Packt publishes a range of books, with a particular focus on Open Source tools. We pay authors
in the form of a royalty and an advance against that royalty. Our royalty offers are much
higher than most tech publishers. We also support open source projects through an Open Source
royalty. This means that when we publish a Joomla book, the Joomla project will receive a
share of the book's revenue. The book would go beyond what's covered in the current Joomla
manual by covering the wider topic of Network Attached Storage, showing how to choose appropriate
configurations for different scenarios, and trouble shooting, among other things. It won't
assume readers are already familiar with RAID, for example, or other storage-specific topics.
It will teach the overall concepts of Joomla alongside the specific implementation in Joomla.

I would like to call you on board to write this book. Please let me know if this sound interesting
to you.

Of course, if you like the sound of writing but you believe there are other topics that you
would be better suited to write about then please let me know. I'm always on the look out
for new ideas, especially Apache topics.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Rashmi