myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] implementing tabIndex attributes on select components
Date Sat, 22 Mar 2008 18:12:39 GMT
Okay, based on Gab's and Andy's input, I started a WIKI:

http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/CustomTabOrder

It is *very* primitive at the moment, but I wanted it to spark a
discussion. If you have another concrete option, just add it to the
wiki. I guess we can discuss the options in this thread for now.

-Andrew

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Andrew Robinson
<andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andy,
>
> I will pause development, and write up a WIKI. The big problem with tab indexes is tables
or extra components that people don't want to tab to (skipping over an advertisement link
for example). Tables tab left to right, sometimes people want newspaper style tabs - top to
bottom then left to right.

> I think that perhaps we can discuss different approaches on a wiki that could make development
easier than having to set a tab index on every component. I'll start one within the week that
has different options, with pros and cons so that we can have a discussion.