myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] implementing tabIndex attributes on select components
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:00:04 GMT
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Gabrielle Crawford
<gabrielle.crawford@oracle.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't remember the details. Blake Sullivan and Andy
>  Schwartz aren't around this week, but they may know more.

Not a problem, I don't see myself getting too much done this week with
Easter coming up.

>  What happens to components that don't have a tabindex set, meaning do
>  you have to set it on everything in the page once you set it on one thing?

That is the way of HTML, this isn't a Trinidad consideration, but
something specific to writing web sites. Note that you don't have to
set all the tab indexes, but only the ones that you want to get focus
first (as I mentioned, elements without tab indexes are tabbed too
after all the explicit ones).

So if I have a log in form, the tab indexes would probably be:

user name: 1
password: 2
submit: 3

And then everything else would not have one. This way all the
"template" components would be tabbed, just not first.