myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Catalin Kormos" <catalin.kor...@gmail.com>
Subject Redesigned MyFaces website preview
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:35:10 GMT
I would like to ask for your opinion before starting to commit the new
MyFaces Maven skin (based on the designs Adonis provided). Please have a
look at [1] for a quick preview, it's not the entire website, so most of the
links don't work, but most of the elements that have been customized can be
seen.  It's a bit different from what you can see at [2], on which the
community agreed on, mainly because there is not much / not at all freedom
available for customizing the markup of the sections in the main content.
Also you can notice a difference between some tables (for example between
the ones on the downloads page and the ones on the mailing lists page), as
tables generated from an APT doc, don't render <th> elements, but from XDoc
docs they are available (the XDoc format is much more flexible here, and in
general); the next release of Maven Doxia, as far as i've seen, will fix the
issue with the headers.

If you don't find anything in particular wrong and you agree that we can
live with these small issues for a while, i will apply the new skin over all
the projects, and add new logos where we have (for example for the Portlet
Bridge project).

[1] http://people.apache.org/~ckormos/myfaces/website/
[2] http://people.apache.org/~ckormos/myfaces/vote/myfaces_vote_design_4.png

regards,