myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Black <pelican5...@yahoo.com>
Subject Time entry record with a 30 minute difference
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 02:49:57 GMT
  Hi,

I am using
  myfaces-1.2.2 (myfaces-api-1.2.2.jar & myfaces-impl-1.2.2.jar)
  tomahawk-1.1.6.jar
  Tomcat 6.0.16 on Fedora Linux
  My Time Zone is GMT+8 Singapore.

  For the date entry, if I use
  <t:inputText id="start"
    value="#{handler.testingDate}">
    <f:convertDateTime
      timeZone="GMT+8"
      pattern="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"/>
  </t:inputText>

  The code correctly captures the data and update to the database correctly.

  Howver, if I use like this (only entering the time component)
  <t:inputText id="startTime"
    value="#{handler.compTime}">
    <f:convertDateTime
      timeZone="GMT+8"
      pattern="HH:mm:ss"/>
  </t:inputText>

  It captures the data incorrectly and update the database, with a difference of 30 minutes.
  For example, if I enter 15:12:30, it will record as 1970-01-01 14:42:30.

  Is it a bug or my mistake somewhere? Can anybody help to comment about this? Thanks in advance.

OMG, Sweet deal for Yahoo! users/friends: Get A Month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.
W00t