myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redeploy myfaces website
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:10:47 GMT
Yeah, I think when generating the site, you generally want to generate
from the root.  Mostly this is done with continuum, but if you generate
the site on a subproject, things get wonkey  <--  Yes, that's the
technical term :)

As an addendum to what I said before, it seems that modules resolve
correctly as long at the graphic is in the same root project.  External
URL's are not referenced correctly if they are relative.  I fixed this
for the portal site.

But yeah, I think it's cleaner for everyone involved if each subproject
has their own logo.  Only the myfaces logo should be in the skin since
it's needed by all projects...

Scott

Catalin Kormos wrote:
> [...]
>     >>>
>     >>> The portlet bridge has 3 site modules now. For every new
>     module you must
>     >>> create a new site.xml to reference the logo.
>     >>>
>     >>> I don't like to maintain to many files with the same content.
>     >>> But we waste some space on myfaces.apache.org
>     <http://myfaces.apache.org>.
>     >>>
>     >>> Regards
>     >>>
>     >>> Bernd
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>>
>     >>> Scott O'Bryan schrieb:
>     >>>
>     >>>> Well that was kind of my point.  Why should the bridge logo
>     be in the
>     >>>> skin?  If it is in the skin then every project gets a copy
>     when it's
>     >>>> deployed.  IMO the myfaces logo should be in the skin and the
>     project
>     >>>> logos should be with the project.  That said, I'll certainly
>     abide by
>     >>>> what everyone else thinks is best because I too can appreciate
>     >>>> consistency.
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Scott
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Bernd Bohmann wrote:d
>     >>>>
>     >>>>> Hello Scott,
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> I just checked in the logo from the bridge site project to the
>     >>>>> myfaces-site-skin. The myfaces-site-skin contains already
>     the tobago
>     >>>>> logo. The tobago logo has the path images/tobagoLogo.png,
>     the bridge
>     >>>>> logo has the path images/portlet_bridge_logo.png und the
>     myfaces logo
>     >>>>> has the path images/myfaces-logo.png in the myfaces-site-skin.
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> I think if other subprojects or the master myfaces site are
>     using a
>     >>>>> logo
>     >>>>> from a subproject, it should be used from the site-skin. I don't
>     >>>>> like to
>     >>>>> duplicate the graphics in the repository.
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Regards
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Bernd
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> Scott O'Bryan schrieb:
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>> Hey Bernd,
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> Where did you get the logo from?  I skinned the portlet
bridge
>     >>>>>> graphic
>     >>>>>> yesterday and I had to modify some of the white-space to
>     make it look
>     >>>>>> right.  Right now the bridge is using it's own logo, but
I can
> [...]
>     >>>>>>> (no Sandbox every project has a sandbox no JSF 1.1-1.2)
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> or
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Apache|MyFaces|Download|Mailing Lists
>     >>>>>>> (News archive makes no sense in the header)
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> for the subprojects for example Tobago
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Apache|MyFaces|Tobago|Download|Mailing Lists
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> I would suggest following banner
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> on the main page
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> MyFaces Logo        | Apache Logo
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> for the subprojects
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Subproject Logo or Name  | MyFaces Logo
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> We should include the conference banner on every page.
>     >>>>>>> I would like to place the banner on the left site of
the
>     >>>>>>> Apache/MyFaces
>     >>>>>>> Logo.
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Regards
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Bernd
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Bruno Aranda schrieb:
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>> Yes, it is really cool :) Thanks!
>     >>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>> Bruno
>     >>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>> On 25/03/2008, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew@apache.org
>     <mailto:matzew@apache.org>> wrote:
>     >>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>> really sexy looking website!
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  thanks!!!
>     >>>>>>>>>  -Matthias
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Gerald Müllan
>     >>>>>>>>> <gmuellan@apache.org <mailto:gmuellan@apache.org>>
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> wrote:
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>> It is online!
>     >>>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  Very well done guys; looks really great.
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  cheers,
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  Gerald
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  On 3/22/08, Catalin Kormos <catalin.kormos@gmail.com
>     <mailto:catalin.kormos@gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > Hi Bernd,
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > Thanks, i guess it will take some
time until we
>     see any
>     >>>>>>>>> change on
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> the
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > myfaces site.
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > regards,
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > Catalin
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:54 PM,
Bernd Bohmann <
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> bernd.bohmann@atanion.com <mailto:bernd.bohmann@atanion.com>>
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > wrote:
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > Hello Catalin,
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > just added the myfaces-site-skin
to the
>     continuum build
>     >>>>>>>>> and
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> forced a new
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > site build on the continuum
server. I don't know
>     how the
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> subproject
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > sites are build.
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > Regards
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > Bernd
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > Catalin Kormos schrieb:
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > >
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > > Could someone help me
out with a redeploy of
>     the MyFaces
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> website? as i'm
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > > exactly sure about the
process involved here.
>     I just
>     >>>>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> committed the
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > updated
>     >>>>>>>>>  >  > > > skin, and i also applied
it on some of the