myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Petracek" <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TRINIDAD-996
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 01:17:11 GMT
hello,

let's talk about a different implementation later on.

-> i would like to finish the discussion for now. in my opinion there won't
be an agreement on the available alternative.
furthermore, i'm not the advocate of this alternative. i already expected
that there are too different experiences and opinions.

the current implementation is basically ok.
however, i also share the opinion that the current implementation is
insufficient for several common requirements.

it was just a try to provide an optional implementation, which is
alreadyavailable and offers some advantages and alternative/different
concepts.

*sorry* for the abrupt interruption and thank you for your participation.
to be continued... :)

regards,
gerhard

2008/3/11, Gabrielle Crawford <gabrielle.crawford@oracle.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I don't think it's up to us to provide an api if we don't agree with the
> one you provided. I think you need to
>
> 1] define your use cases with specific examples, saying "different types
> of focus handling" is vague.
>
> 2] come up with a new approach that we can agree on.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Gabrielle
>
> Gerhard Petracek wrote:
>
> > hello blake,
> >
> > i completely agree.
> >
> > as i said (see [1]):
> > it's an independent implementation i already have. so i'm able to
> > provide it.
> >
> > i would appreciate if you (or someone else) provide an implementation,
> > which covers all requirements.
> >
> > support for:
> > - subforms
> > - different types of focus handling
> > - conventions
> >
> > and of course:
> > the solutions shouldn't break backward compatibility.
> >
> > regards,
> > gerhard
> >
> > [1]
> http://www.nabble.com/-Trinidad--subform-defaultCommand-p15815227.html
> >

> > 2008/3/11, Blake Sullivan <blake.sullivan@oracle.com
>
> > <mailto:blake.sullivan@oracle.com>>:
>

> >     Gabrielle Crawford said the following On 3/10/2008 5:50 PM PT:
> >
> >     >
> >     > Gerhard Petracek wrote:
> >     >> hello gabrielle,
> >     >>
> >     >> thank you for joining the discussion!
> >     > :-)
> >     >>
> >     >> as i said:
> >     >> it isn't a replacement of the current mechanism!
> >     >> it's just an additional/alternative approach and you are free to
> >     >> activate it within the web.xml - including all advantages and
> >     >> disadvantages.
> >     >> (in most cases every solution provides advantages and
> >     disadvantages.)
> >     > sure, but alternative or not I'm still -1.  :-(
> >
> >     I would rather have one mechanism that does the whole job rather
> than
> >     two that partially solve the problem and then have to explain when
> you
> >     should use one rather than the other.
> >

> >     -- Blake Sullivan
> >
> >     >>
> >     >> the whole issue is based on common requirements of real world
> >     projects.
> >     >> i'm sure that there is a reason for the current approach.
> however,
> >     >> there are also other opinions out there.
> >     >> so it would be great to alternatively support other common
> >     requirements.
> >     > Sure, I'm not saying there isn't a problem, I'm just saying I
> don't
> >     > like this particular solution.
> >     >>
> >     >> the current default command mechanism is very restricted in view
> of
> [...]

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces