myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "venkata guddanti" <ven.gudda...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] tr:chart New API for displaying rotated horizontal labels
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 20:47:59 GMT
Hi Zdenek,

How about horizontalLabelRotateAngle since this would make sense only for
horizontal labels in bar, line, area, scatter charts? We can also add
verticalLabelRotateAngle if we need one.

I do not believe we need labelGapSize. Since this can already be achieved.
One way you can avoid labeling all values along x-axis is if your group
labels contain null or null string(""). These values will be simply ignored
during rendering. That way you can provide labels after every 'n' values. I
believe your size of groupLabels can also be less than the size of the
yValues so that you do not get that many vertical lines, For e.g. if you
have 500 values your group labels can contain only 10 so that you get only
10 vertical lines.

I will open a JIRA ticket and provide a patch once we get an agreement on
the API.

--Venkata