myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Barbalace, Richard" <RBARBAL...@PARTNERS.ORG>
Subject RE: Tomahawk compatibility table
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 20:01:16 GMT
I am disappointed by the attitude expressed here.  Testing whether two related
projects are compatible should be a basic part of the release process.  It is
simple QA.  That so many releases have gone through without such an essential
check raises questions about the competence of those involved in this project.

Since Tomahawk 1.1.3 and Core 1.1.4, there have been several releases of each.
Just finding a compatible pair of versions is a daunting task for anyone given
the number of possible combinations, especially when trying to adjust for
incompatible changes among the versions of each project.  I have not yet found a
single match of newer versions of Tomahawk and Core that are compatible.  Having
used MyFaces for three years now, I can safely say that leaving this important
task to even less experienced users is ridiculous.  The developers need to take
responsibility for their work.

Richard J. Barbalace
Boston, MA, USA

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.