myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Spencer <pau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Wildcard patterns in javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES parameter
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:01:58 GMT
Danny,
Sounds like a good idea.  I am not sure if the non-spec compliant use of
the parameter javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES in conjunction with a parameter
not defined by the spec,  like
org.apache.myfaces.ENABLE_WILD_CARD_IN_CONFIG_FILES,
would violate the spec.  At the very least it would complicate the
documentation of javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES.

Would a better solution be to create a parameter, like
org.apache.myfaces.ADDITIONAL_CONFIG_FILES, which supports wildcards and
pattern matching?  The resulting set of configuration files would be the
config files identified by BOTH parameters.

Paul Spencer