myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: Interest in an AjaxTree
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:37:47 GMT
Hi Matt!

>> welcome tree3;
>>

> Matthias is right. What are the differences to the existing tree2 component?

Having tree2 enhanced to do ajaxed-node-fetching would greatly increase
the chance that your patch will be accepted. We really would like to
avoid to introduce yet another tree. Do you at least use the TreeModel
of tree2?
Else it would be a no-go for me.

> Tree2 can also be extended easily via existing ajax frameworks.

Just that you can't have this ajaxed-node-fetching which would be really
a nice feature I often whished to have.
Yes, you can put tree2 in a ppr group (which I already did), but you
have to fetch the whole tree in node toggling, no?

Ciao,
Mario