myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Leonardo Uribe" <lu4...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [tomahawk] why bother with 1.2?
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 18:00:33 GMT
For me, it would be important that this new build-system could
generate 1.1.7 and 1.2 - Leonardo, would this be possible?

Yes, for generate 1.1 or 1.2 code you just change a property on
pom.xml. With the work done at this time this objective is piece of
cake :). I just need modify myfaces-faces-plugin, ading
tag-class-excluded to validators,  and remain the code on 1.1 on
template classes as is originally, maybe add some nodes on
faces-config and that's all.

Myfaces-faces-plugin is a really cool tool, and with the proper wiki
docs (we have to create an archetype for component generation that use
this cool tool) it's very very easy to start coding components. At
start I'm not have any idea about how this tool works but after take a
look of this awesome code I think this is better that the things that
tomahawk has now for tld generation (If you are newbie, do you have
idea about how to add some stuff on the tld of tomahawk? Isn't this
procedure looks similar to the steps to use myfaces-faces-plugin?
create an xml, add some properties? and only generates the tld?).

Of course, tomahawk 1.1.x should live in a separate branch as 1.2.x
(like in Trinidad).

I think that separate tomahawk into submodules is a good idea but we
have to avoid changes on the tld of tomahawk, (in other words the tld
should include ALL components as references to myfaces commons + other
stuff). Our first responsibility is with the CLIENT, and the client
wants a upgrade with minimal changes!!!.

At this time, myfaces commons is only 1.2 compatible and has the
following structure:

myfaces-commons-converters
myfaces-commons-validators
myfaces-commons-utils
(I think that we need myfaces-commons-components!)

If you want to use commons validators only you have to do this:

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/commons/validators" prefix="mcv" %>

                <h:inputText id="email2"
value="#{validateForm.email2}" required="true">
                    <mcv:validateEmail detailMessage="Not a valid
email address."/>
                </h:inputText>

but If we move this validator from tomahawk to myfaces commons we need
that the previous code:

                <h:inputText id="email2"
value="#{validateForm.email2}" required="true">
                    <t:validateEmail detailMessage="Not a valid email
address."/>
                </h:inputText>

Still works!!!!

This components are not graphical on tomahawk, (and susceptible to be
moved to commons):

t:aliasBean
t:aliasBeansScope
t:buffer
t:jsValueChangeListener
t:jsValueSet
t:saveState
t:selectItems
t:tabChangeListener
t:treeSelectionListener
t:updateActionListener
t:validateCreditCard
t:validateEmail
t:validateEqual
t:validateRegExpr

Finally I agree with the idea of myfaces-commons but just with this 4 modules:

myfaces-commons-converters
myfaces-commons-validators
myfaces-commons-utils
myfaces-commons-components

but tomahawk 1.2.x should remains with minimal changes and references
on tld to myfaces-commons components.

regard

Leonardo Uribe