myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthias Wessendorf" <mat...@apache.org>
Subject Re: myfaces-faces-plugin - architecture
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 19:17:23 GMT
On Jan 30, 2008 8:03 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:
> These are my thoughts and my personal opinions on the subject
>
> myfaces-faces-plugin generates 4 things:
>
> component classes
> tag classes
> faces-config.xml
> tld

and facelets taglib

> Synchronize the generation of all this stuff with annotations is very
> hard!. For each component we need one file. If this file is an
> abstract component class and we put all info still we need to write
> the same info as with the xml files. The advantage is that we avoid
> the java-template class if we need to use it for component class
> generation. Maybe works but where do we put other additional info that

templates are fine. makes sense, when overriding things as well...
please don't remove the "template" support.

> should be used for faces-config.xml?.
>
> The full idea could be this:
>
> - Create an abstract component class that contains all info.
> - Create some files where we can get the additional info.
> - Generate a component class that extends from this abstract class.
> - Generate tag, add info to faces-config and tld based on this info.
>
> This suppose a hard work but this approach could be easier than the
> actual behavior.

I think I can't follow. Not sure to what you response here ....

> But I feel it's a little advantage in comparison with the work (we are
> writing code that do the same of another code).
>

> For sure, I thought we can generate the stuff and then commit the
> generated files, so no need to regenerate for each build, just when
> something in the component config changed.
>

> Checking the Mojos of myfaces faces plugin, I have found one cool property:
>
> GenerateJspTaglibsMojo
> GenerateComponentsMojo
>
>   /**
>    * @parameter
> expression="${project.build.directory}/maven-faces-plugin/main/java"
>    * @required
>    */
>   protected File generatedSourceDirectory;
>
> So, with this property we can redirect the generation of all component
> and tag classes to src/main/java !!!

to check in a generated file ?
I don't like that...

> At start I suppose that we need some fine grained control (one
> property on the xml files to say whether to put
> the generated files) but after read the discussion I think is
> desirable to get all component and tag classes on the
> source dir.
>
> I'm not tested this yet, I will try and see what happens
>
> regards
>
> Leonardo Uribe

PS: can you please keep the old content ?
it is somewhat hard to read a thread the other day, to get the context.

(harder than "top-postings" ;-))

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf