myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces-faces-plugin - architecture
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2008 06:48:50 GMT
I could identify a third option:

* generating source into the src/main/java tree sucks, because it is
> hard to tell generated code apart from non-generated stuff.
>

> * generating source into the target tree sucks a bit, because you need
> to explicitly add it to an IDE

* generating source into the src/main/java tree does not suck, if you do not
check it into subversion - generate it into a certain package, and make sure
the package is in svn-ignore - this is a one-time effort, and life is much
easier starting from this.

However, for our other discussion, this will mean you can only use a
protected getter for the few strange situations where accessing the local
field from component logic is necessary.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at