myfaces-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: myfaces-faces-plugin - architecture
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:00:30 GMT
Leonardo,

can you investigate into the suggestion by Mario - I think this will
be even better (and easier to achieve) then generating the components
into the source-tree, as the old MyFaces component generator did.

@Everyone: we had a generator once, you remember? It is not in use
anymore cause nobody maintained it anymore... let's settle for one
generator, please.

regards,

Martin

On 1/30/08, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mario,
>
> your second suggestion sounds viable for me - not for the API
> components, as those cannot change their inheritance, but for the
> tomahawk and MyFaces impl components, this should be doable (and a
> very good idea) indeed.
>
> @why Trinidad doesn't work with annotations: how would you then
> generate restoreState and saveState? And the getters? You don't want
> to write all the getters by hand, do you?
>
> regards,
>
> Martin
>
> On 1/30/08, Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at> wrote:
> > Hi Matthias,
> > > yep.
> > > -xml configuration == "mini faces-config files"
> > > -templates == in order to "override" some *defaults* (like when you
> > > want to do something "special" inside the validate() for InputFile,
> > > provide a template, which is a real Java class)
> > > -it generates the real UIComponent java file as well
> > > -generates facelets XML taglib file
> > >
> > Is it possible to use the plugin in a way where the component/renderer
> > gets not generated, only the tagblib and config stuff?
> >
> > I think this is the way to go for now. I know, then the developer has to
> > ensure that the types of the setter on the UIComponent do not differ to
> > the property.
> > Another short term solution could be to just create an abstract basis
> > class with the setter/getter stuff but leave the real logic of the
> > component out of it. The developer then has to inherit from this class
> > the real component.
> >

> > Ciao,
> > Mario
> >

> --